Tuesday, July 2, 2024

 I once had a loving CITYY CAT®, that had two previous owners.  Its' most recent prior owner wanted it back  and so I relinquished my caregiving and all the delights that had with it.

My mom bought a brand new one from the store.  She must have had to go into debt to pay for it.  They aren't cheap.

I was hesitant about opening it.  It just didn't seem right.  I knew it wasn't a real cat, but somehow I just couldn't bring myself to it.  

After a few days, it occurred to me, as far as I knew, it might die in the packaging, not having any food... the whole thing made no sense to me.  I shouldn't have assumed I could just open it whenever.

My mom gave a word of caution before I proceeded to opening the package. "She might not be as clingy as Sophie was.  They had to tone them down some because people were complaining about them being too clingy and some even returned them to the manufacturer."

I nodded. I took a moment to try to prepare myself mentally, and then pushed the activation button per the outside instructions. I unsealed the box and opened it, and then proceeded to untangle her from the intricacies of the packaging.


Arise, give thanks to The Lord.  Remember what great things He has done.


No comments: