Thursday, June 27, 2024

talkative taxi drivers bring out the dead in people

 2024 will be THE year for home video.


Been waiting for Gregg Araki's nowhere to be available on home video for....over 20 years....It was on VHS, but, c'mon, does that even count really?  So far it's not been announced for standalone release...it's coming out as part of a boxed set that has two other movies with it, neither of which I'm too fond of.....

Gregg Araki's Teen Apocalypse Trilogy 4K Blu-ray (DigiPack)


I have Martin Scorsese's Bringing Out The Dead on DVD at least, which is cool 4sure.  It'll be nice to be able to buy it again with souped up cover art.

Bringing Out the Dead 25th Anniversary 4K Blu-ray


The ONLY thing that would make 2024 a BETTER year for home video is Ghostbusters I & II getting a snazzy re-pack-release.  But really just that by itself wouldn't be that impressive or noteworthy...impressive, a little, maybe somewhat noteworthy....but honestly it would be neat if they did all 3 in the same year...this is pretty magnificent.  Bringing Out The Dead and nowhere are probably two of my personal favorite movies.  I wouldn't say they're the BEST movies, but it feels like they got my name is written all over them.  Definitely something of a showcase of what kind of person I am, if someone ever comes in and starts ruminating about my home video collection...which I don't think has ever happened.................



No comments: