Sunday, November 27, 2011

"You have another one of those proton packs? My kid brother really wants one"

Well NOW HE CAN HAVE ONE!  Well, actually, this has been the case since 1986 or thereabouts...but for the last 15 years or so, that's only been the case on and off.  And it's still the case, actually.  There was a 5 year period in time, when nobody had internet access and the GHOSTBUSTERS toyline by Kenner was winding down, that buying a proton pack was quite difficult.
  I like the GHOSTBUSTERS 2 logo more so than the regular logo.  And the cartoon image of the "Powerpack Heroes"-ized Egon was a nice touch.  I liked his black w/purple highlights suit.
  I never actually owned the "Ecto-Charger" (known as a "Slime Blower" to those who don't read the label on the box of the Kenner toy, but were paying attention while watching GHOSTBUSTERS II), so I can't exactly reminisce about this on Amazon's product review page, so I came here to do that(!).  Mmmmmmmm...those are the days!

No comments: