Wednesday, July 11, 2018

bad things

The heart is deceitful above all things
and exceedingly wicked

I am not a slave to sin, but I am free to choose sin over good and vice versa.
That's free will, I guess?  Does this mean those from before the time of Jesus had no free will?

Confusing.

Anyway...so many Earthly, petty, things that dance affront my eyes awaiting possession unto me.  It's easy to find ways to justify decreasing my giving to the church on God's behalf, and I probably wouldn't be damned to Hell I reckon for doing so but does it really benefit ME **or** anyone ELSE?????  No.  Really, it doesn't.  Some tiny short term goal is reached.  Then there's some other b.s. that comes my way.  And this life will end any moment.  As I write this, it's a good ways off, assuming I don't die in some car collision or of some freakass medical condition, but as I write this, minutes are passing, and hours upon hours will pass before I realize they've been wasted by a bunch of nothing.

Thank You Lord for your everlasting lovingkindness and mercy.  I am not worthy, but you have made it possible to come before You, the Great I Am.  Please move my heart continually closer toward you.  I am sorry for the wounds I've added to your Beloved Son Jesus Christ, King of Kings.

No comments: