Friday, February 4, 2022

Cents and sensibility

 I'm finally in fight mode.  I can only pray that God will keep me in it.  My pastor / counselor has been trying to get it through my thick skull that I need to cut it out!!!  We discussed that it's due time for me to get with it and determine what my "right hand" is and cut it off accordingly.  I don't want to have to give up music and movies.  So I'm trying as hard as I can to be GOOD (relatively speaking..."less vile" I guess) I concidentally have been spending money like crazy.  I don't even know why except boredom.  If that were a solution you'd think it'd be accomplished.  Yeesh.  I need to figure out what I want to do and just do it!!!  I don't need to buy music or movies.  I have a TON of stuff to watch just on Hulu.  And then I have a bunch of DVDs I haven't watched.  I keep thinking that I need to support the music & film industry by buying stuff from it but I've DONE that!!!!!  At least twice over.  I don't even like the new music that comes out.  I mean, sometimes good stuff comes out but usually I'm AT LEAST a year late figuring out what new band is any good.  Most of the time I'm more like 5++ years late.  So obviously the music industry does not depend on me.  I should still support it IF/WHEN I find something new that I do truly like, but I don't need to buy some movie I watched 10 years ago to show my appreciation for it or whatever.  This whole cycle is just crazy.  I need to get down to business.  Time to start chipping away at this mountain of credit card debt I've accumulated with this insanity.

No comments: