Saturday, December 2, 2023

slowly gaining a little bit of minor traction...................

 ...


For the past couple of months+, I'd been finding myself failing to live upright at various levels daily.
Some days I'd take a peek, some days I'd glance, and many other days I'd take a full on gander, and practically bathe in it.  Well, last week, during the later part of November, I managed to entirely abstain for ONE day.  (Ya, a whole whopping day, IKR??!)
This week I've done it again.  I'm strongly suspecting that today will be a whole day TWO.  TWO days in one week.  Still, I know, sick, how can someone even call himself a Christian being like this?  Well, that's an equation I just can't unpack succinctly.  The Bible doesn't even unpack it.  Paul talks about the battle of two natures but then follows it up with "Who will set me free from this?  Christ Jesus will."  He doesn't specify if he's expecting this to occur in this life or the next or either which one.  I get the impression he's talking about the present timeline rather than "when I get to Heaven everything will be better"...  I don't know what sins Paul even refers to in that passage.  Paul was the closest thing to sinless that anyone can be.  His sins are not documented in scripture anywhere.  They're not even hinted at.  I get the impression that if Paul and I met he'd punch me in the face.
Anyway....I hope I can stay on the high road and if I do get tempted, at least try to make use of this "fighter verse" that my brotherly counselor instructed me to write on a 3x5 card.  Last couple times I fell I completely forgot about it.  The times prior to then I did not have the verse written down, even though I had the instruction to get it written down.


No comments: