Saturday, April 13, 2024

Tri-unity

I think people get needlessly stumped over the Trinity. People say it's impossible to wrap one's mind around. I think it's actually pretty simple. The Trinity is three people who are in perfect agreement about everything.

I find it extremely unlikely that any combination of people on this planet can be in perfect agreement about everything. You might find two people who never argue because they realize arguing about stuff is a waste of time and just not a good thing and they find more to agree about than disagree about. How many cinema buffs who liked Star Wars would spend any time arguing over why exactly Darth Vader makes for such a compelling character? We, who appreciate the entertainment value of a film like Star Wars, can all agree that Darth Vader is indeed a compelling character but I don't think everyone would be able to explain why with the same reasoning and even if the reasoning were very similar, different people would probably have different emphasis on different nuances.  Likewise, the heavenly angels and the ancestral saints, probably don't all feel exactly the same way toward or about God. They undoubtedly agree enough about God to keep from developing distrust and bitterness, far more than many current earth dwelling believers do. And likewise I'm pretty sure debates in Heaven are just not a thing. I also strongly suspect that our experiences on earth will inform our being even in Heaven. I don't think we're all going to be blank canvases just waking up with no clue about our having lived on Earth. God says in His word that every tear will be wiped away. Which means there will be tears to be wiped away.  

I'm probably not explaining my point very well and I'm not even sure I myself even understand the point I'm trying to make well enough to be able to explain it succinctly. I'm also probably oversimplifying it, in part because of the dullness of my senses and also just general lack of knowledge. It's also possible that I'm just completely off base. Maybe there are two people on earth , or at least in Heaven, that literally agree about everything in every way... I can't prove either one..

No comments: