Tuesday, September 30, 2008

wazzuuuuuuuuuuuup?????

Gosh, you (whoever the heck you are, aside from Mom and Danielle...) are prolly wondering that about ME(!). I cannot believe it's been over 10 days since my last update..

I saw A CLOCKWORK ORANGE a couple nights ago. It was GREAT! I don't think there's any other film you can really compare it to when it comes in terms of originality combined WITH emotional impact. It's got a great message and it does a fantastic job at conveying it. I think when it all comes down to it, the film is about how raising your children is important - no jail, no medicine, no religion will make your kids behave with regard to other human beings.

My CD collection has (again) shrunk. I have two CDs that I KNOW I want/want-to-keep. There's a couple others I'm considering buying, both by 70's prog-rock band Gentle Giant (ACQUIRING THE TASTE & OCTOPUS were the ones I had in mind...). I think they define "original" more so than any other band out there. The other 2 on my list are American Football's self titled album and Hidden In Plain View's RESOLUTION. I have other CDs, but it is my intention to get rid of them. I have two of them listed on Amazon, and 2 others that I'm thinking I might either sell locally or...idk...

My list is titled "sh!t I can use", which is the only reason I have for KEEPING whatever I buy. I buy stuff b/c I like shopping. I KEEP what I buy b/c I know it will benefit me to have it. If I have any doubt of its benefit (or shall I say "reasonable" doubt...or doubt that seems reasonable at whatever time...) I get rid of it.

I sold my 2 Trespassers Williams' CDS. They aren't BAD cds, but I don't think my emotional or mental state is enhanced by listening to their music.

Which leads me to think buying the GG CDs is kind of a bad idea...do THEY enhance my emotional or mental state? I semi-highly doubt it...

arrrm...

No comments: