Monday, June 7, 2010

Wow.  Never before have I been so happy to be penniless.  I now have in my posession L.I.E. (Uncut).  All you folks in Cape Girardeau (if any are reading this aside from my mom who I know has no desire to see this film...) who decided NOT to rent this movie since Sept '09 will never have another chance.  For Hastings has deemed the lack of rentals of this movie reason enough to practically GIVE it to me - for $4.22 apprx (it actually should have been $4.35, but I just rented A CLOCKWORK ORANGE a few minutes prior which ate $0.13 of the needed $4.35.  The cashier said "don't worry about it", but if he hadn't, I'm sure my mother would have come to my aide...right?).
  True, there are less expensive movies, some of you may be thinking.  But they suck.  At least compared to this film - they suck.  I remember just last night aching to be with this movie, thinking "we belong together...", and thinking it a tragic sequence of non events that the world had divided us so widely.  But I was foolish, for I could've merely dialed Hastings' number and asked them what I thought until now would be a pointless question - "do you sell movies that are available for rent to those who wish to pay an extra price?".  Surely, I thought, a laugh or two would ensue.  But the cashier took me seriously and said "YES!", twice, with glee, but it was I who felt the true glee, still glowing.  So tonight that I might see...and I think...nobody's reading this...?

No comments: