Thursday, August 19, 2010

LastFM (there'll never be another one like you...)

Man, LastFm is a really really cheap alternative to buying loads of music that I won't hardly ever listen to...I've spent probably at least 8 hours total the last couple days listening to it; I, personally, just type in 'emo' in the tag area and skip whatever sub-par music they might (or might not) throw my way...

I can't think of a single CD I want to listen to at the moment. It's been this way since the night before last. Should i really invest in a receiver?? Hard to say...I mean, why do i even bother listening to Genesis' INVISIBLE TOUCH or Oingo Boingo's SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET these days? I used to get so overwhelmed with emotion when I heard "Throwing It All Away", 'cause I'd remember my early childhood carefree days, now I can't even imagine that feeling...it's like I'm not even the same person anymore...

Most of the other CDs I **Might** want to own are distributed my indie labels, which may not be reason to jump ship on sound quality, but, really, I'm just fine with the setup I already have...I use my computer most of the time anyway...

I guess I'll go ahead and trade my music collection on CD for MP3 music. I can back it up to CD-R and use that when my computer breaks down completely and/or I get I newer, better(?) computer...it'd be nice to have one of those super-power computers that can play video and perform multiple tasks w/o a hitch...****drools*****

No comments: