Thursday, August 12, 2010

here's lookin' at (pictures of) you, Onkyo

Well, here I am...nothing much has changed since my last visit...well, my mom's car is at the auto shop or something pending a $150 towing expense payment. Hopefully it'll be back next month, since the $80 (I think...) gas money that me and my mom put aside is effectively NOT going to gas for the time being...$80 x 2 is $160, making the car idle next month if the gas money is what gets it back in our posession...but, ya knnow, better late than never...by October we should be paintin' the town once again...I hope...

At the current prices on Amazon, I shouldn't need more than $295 to get a decent home audio set up - speakers, speaker wire, banana plugs & a receiver. If I get the same amount in 2011 (January or early February) that I got in 2010, I should be more than able to afford that. I'm worried the program fka "Circuit Breaker" will be terminated to make way for cashflow to those who need it a lot more than I do...here's hoping things start looking up for those who fight so hard every day just to get bread etc. on the table...

Haven't eaten anything today...just coffee and a cup of hot chocolate from the convenience store. Hoping to have some pancakes for dinner...my mom has some newly-acquired money, which she plans to loan me when she gets a ride to the grocery store...I won't be going with her, 'cause I don't need to and I haven't taken a shower since Monday evening...

John Anderson is gone. He switched jobs, someone new has replaced him. She's cool. A lot younger than John, guess she's semi-fresh out of college...a far cry from John, who was in his line of work for over 20 years...

I decided not to get a new Napster card. They apparantly got rid of the $5 cards. You need to get a 3, 6, or 12 month susbscription or pay $7 vs. $5 in order to have access to the service. The 3+ card(s) are $5/mo, but that's $5 x 3...which, ultimately, seemed rather pointless. I like to have CDs, I still buy them...Napster can take a backseat over Imeem...if I like listening to something enough, I can ditch Imeem (read: commercials) and have a permanent hard copy...

So...um...that about covers it.

XX

No comments: