Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WHAT DOES ANYTHING MEAN? Basically

I bought a deluxe (2CD) edition of an obscure yet beloved-by-those-in-the-know band from the 80's on Saturday (?or was it Sunday?) for $1.00 + $2.98 S&H.  I figured that was an error - the CD usually goes for at least 10x that $ amount.  Seller cancelled the order today.  I wouldn't have been able to buy it in the first place if my Mom hadn't loaned me the $3.98 needed 4 it.  IF - a big if - the seller had shipped it, and I had opened it and used it, I could still get 115% or more of what I paid for it back at me.  If I had decided NOT to open it and use it I could have almost certainly get at least 135% back.

But probably is now a certainty.  Seller cancelled.

Now I have $3.98 to spend on whatever.  There's a 2 disc edition of A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, probably a Canadian release, idk, being sold for $5.25 apprx w/ S&H - BRAND NEW(!!!) on the Amazon Marketplace.  I think that movie is awesome like no other movie.  As to weather or not I would pay $10++ for that movie, it would depend on what I felt like doing at the time in which I were able to afford it, because I don't really forsee myself watching it again anytime soon.  I've seen that movie like 10 times at least since I first saw it as a teenager, 16 or 17, can't remember for sure.  I'm 28 now.  I might see it again in like 2 or 3 years, but $10 is a big chunk of $ out of my sub$100 disposable income for something that could most certainly wait 'til at least January.  I'll probably start buying Christmas presents in November after all anyway.


No comments: