Monday, November 26, 2012

The Joy Of Welfare Christmas

Me and my sister have been talking since yesterday about how I want a TV and she might or might not buy me one.  Somehow the concept of me saving up came to up, I guess I was writing to her down what had already been on my mind for a few weeks...I mean, $178, which is what Amazon charges for a 24" Vizio, is really not hard to save up.  I only have $75 after bills and needs of other sorts are paid, but the fact is I should already own a TV of some kind other than the 14" "standard" definition TV my Gramma has loaned/given me...$178 is actually only $22 less than several other 24" TVs, although Vizio seems to make good quality merch and from what I've read seems to have good warranty service as well.  So for what I'm hoping to get, it's a steal at $178.  And 24" isn't all that big, but my room is tiny.  It probably seems smaller b/c my TV and DVD player etc. are sitting on this humongous table...my mom offered to buy me a double bed and I was like "It wouldn't fit!" and was like "uh...ok".

Anyway; it's frustrating b/c I'll have to wait 'til at least February to start putting this plan in motion.  I figure I can save AT LEAST $25 a month, and maybe even $50.  That leaves me with $25-$50 for spending on whatever.  But, as I was telling my sister, I pretty much wasted $700 through the course of this year.  And that's only if you count the money I initially get on the 1st of the month.  If you count the money I got from the stuff I sold, that's probably closer to $1000.

I need to stop this.

I need to appreciate what I have, and if I can't appreciate what I have I need to turn what I have into something else, either someone else's money or savings.

Man up, I say to myself.
Hopefully I can live it out and keep on doing so until I have a frekin' TV.


No comments: