Sunday, March 31, 2013

Somebody's gonna miss me? Say it like you mean it.

I'm using my mother's computer; not really news, been this way for over half a month, but I bet it's news to you...since I've been absent for over 3 weeks...did you miss me?  No?  Ok.
My sister's friend came with her to visit me and Mom, and my sis' friend is a computer repair dude, so I asked him what might be wrong with my computer and he observed that it was probably something that related to the graphics card.  Buying a replacement part is relatively cheap, but having someone install it is out of my price range.  If my uncle Eddie hadn't worked on my mother's computer - which occurred apprx one month ago as of this writing - I would just have to deal with not having a computer to use.

I'm listening to I Heart Radio.  Seems to work better with my computer than Pandora.  And it's free, without requring me to think of something to listen to.

I've been fluy, with my nose trudging through all kinds of snot, and my insides freezing without any overt provocation.  I was taking generic Airborne, but I ran out of that, right around the time I started getting the hang of taking it right away.  My mother used her Amazon acct to order a similar product that looks like it would work even better than Airborne/generic Aiborne.  I don't remember the name of it ):
Because of this, I have not been able to donate blood.  If not for the flue(?), I could have my third donation coming up since the last time I actually did donate blood.  Instead, a follow up to the last blood donation has yet to materialize.  I have one scheduled for the 5th.  I'll probably need to reschedule it.  For the 5th? time...

My outpatient therapist (she's called a CRPC worker, but if I referred to her as that, I'd confuse 9/10th of the human population) is scheduled to arrive on Friday the 5th at 1pm.  That same day at 10:30 or thereabouts, I am scheduled to donate blood.  And I haven't used the Southeast-Missouri Alliance for Disability and Independence (known as SADI) shuttle service at all since I applied for the option to use it when needed.  If I don't use it before June, they'll assume I don't need it and cross me off their list of shuttle riders.  So I scheduled a shuttle ride for Friday April 5th, since it's half off the normal $6 to and fro fee on Fridays provided you have shopping to do.  They're supposed to whisk me from my residence at 8am and whisk me back home around 9am.
The funny thing is I probably won't do any of these things.  Ashley (CRPC) probably won't be able to make it, I'll probably reschedule my blood donation just in case I'm still sick, and since I only have $8.92 after I pay my mother back for the purchase of the Airborne competitor + a few other things I owe her $ for, I probably would be better off postponing the usage of the shuttle service.  After all, what kind of shopping can I do with $8.92?  With $11.92, I could do a little more, but that's if I were to spend money at Hastings, Cape Girardeau's ENTERTAINMENT SUPERSTORE!, which is within walking distance from where i live, and why neglect my heart and pay money to do so?  Beyond Hastings, there's nowhere I can think of where I can spend $8.92 (or less) aside from restaurants, which is not where a person goes to "shop".  And a decent restaurant usually costs at least $8.92.  Even a decent size fast food meal would cost that much or pretty close (I sound old, don't I?)

And the great news of today is...(drum roll)...TOMORROW!  Yep.  Tomorrow: I will have the aformentioend $8.92.  Why is that good news?  Helk if i know.


No comments: