Sunday, July 27, 2014

twice..

My bro-in-law gave me n' Mum a computer...so now I can Blog!  Like it's 2008!

Yeah. 

So...I guess that's worth its' own blog entry.



...

Neither mine or Mom's keyboard would connect to it; we needed something w/ a USB connector.  At first we tried an adapter, didn't work for some reason, then I asked my sister to fwd me a gift card so I could buy one on Amazon, so that way I could submit the order confirmation to FreeShipping.com, but my uncle John had just bought a computer, and had a spare keyboard that fit our needs just fine.  And I was able to cancel the Amazon order, but was left w/ a $15 Amazon gift card...so I gotta pay it back asap...

Oh, and I was rambling about should/shouldn't/should I? cancel the Amazon order and keep from (not) getting kicked off for TOS violation, but I went ahead and cancelled it anyway.  I went ahead and ordered GBI&II BD and one of the CDs from the other aforementioned order, and yay! TAXI DRIVER went down significantly in price since yesterday, so I went ahead and got that (and now I can watch it on my blu ray player ala Amazon Instant Video, yee-haw!).

I rented a movie from Hastings yesterday even though I'm behind returning a movie from Family Video; it was due on Friday?, and I intended to return it then but I went to bed like 5+ hours before they close, and I woke up 2+ hours after they closed.  Brr...now it's due on Wed?  It's a 5 day rental, I can't remember when exactly it was due at first, but whatever day it was, 5 days plus then.  So...[sigh]...yeah...

I found out yesterday(?) Dennis Cooper's borefest CLOSER is back in print.  I'm an idiot!  I still keep thinking about that book.  I like the title.  The idea of being close...closer...becoming so close you end up as one...speaking of which, I skipped Church today.  Just didn't feel like it.  I wanted to listen to some music.  And I did.  So;...
  There's all these books that look/sound interesting...they're soooo not the kind of books my local library carries.  They carry standard 300-500 page mainstream fare.  Weird...there's like A TON of them.  Some of them I skip over, more or less, even though if I paid mind to all of them, what would I lose?  So much to read, so much money to spend that I don't have.....

No comments: