Monday, July 28, 2014

Gregg Araki's got a new one...something to look fwd to in 2015 (hopefully...)

...unless you think it's worth it to pay $8++ to see a movie in theaters.

WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, based on some book, all-star cast, apparently he's moving up in showbiz?  Heh.  Hopefully it'll be on par with MYSTERIOUS SKIN, which is a great freakin' movie...!!!  nowhere will always have a special place in my heart for being there when I was a socially awkward 16-19 year old, but now I'm a socially awkward 30 year old, and the film just doesn't impact me the way it did back then...the fact that I've seen it 10 times or more doesn't help either...but anyway...I might have liked KABOOM more had I been younger and he'd done that as a follow up to nowhere rather than SPLENDOR, which is a rip off of like 5 other movies and has almost nothing to it...and I say "almost" with hesitation...and of course his follow up to MYSTERIOUS SKIN might have been a joke in and of itself...

So...
GHOSTBUSTERS "1 & 2" BD - Sept 16, 2014
WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD - 0/0/15

If Genesis or Oingo Boingo could put something out, maybe I'd have a third thing to add to this list...

Another Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie seems to be incoming...hopefully it won't be all corny like the 1st 3 that came out from 1989-1993.  I still need to see the CGI animated one from 2007...I had no interest in it at the time, I guess I feel a little bitter toward the franchise, b/c if it hadn't taken off like it did, maybe GHOSTBUSTERS toys would still be around...whereas toy companies are now putting out this "adult collector" toys that serve absolutely no purpose...yeah, they're "display" toys, but what the heck is so great about watching a statue of Bill Murray in a jumpsuit?  PUT SOME HEART INTO IT, YOU PEOPLE!!!  Toys are for kids.  And for adults who have a little (or a lot of) kid left in them.  Not for executive suites owned by obsessive compulsive numbskulls.


No comments: