Monday, November 2, 2015

SPY (2015)

I saw SPY w/ Melissa McCarthy on Saturday (not a very fitting Halloween movie but oh well).  I was wondering if it was any good b/c it's got overall positive reviews according to Rotten Tomatoes' website.  A lot was riding on my opinion of this film.  If it had been a rotten tomato, I might have very well passed up seeing GHOSTBUSTERS in theaters this upcoming summer.  However, I was actually very pleased with it.  The directing was competent, the script was funny, it was just an overall job well done for writer/director Paul Feig.  I doubt the re-make of GHOSTBUSTERS will capture the visual majesty of the original, but either way, I'm sure it'll at least be entertaining, and not in a trainwrek-that-you-can't-look-away-from way...if it is...o dear God...aaaah!
Anyway.  I have a little more enthusiasm for the film.  That's a good thing.  I'm still skeptical.  Kate Diepold, who wrote THE HEAT starring McCarthy and Sandra Bullock, is also involved with the new GHOSTBUSTERS film, and that lends one to question weather the film will actually be any good, since THE HEAT was not funny in any way that I could perceive.  I guess that type of humor goes well with some people, but hopefully there's more in Diepold's arsenal than what I'm aware of presently...
Hmm...

No comments: