Wednesday, January 27, 2016

30044 (N. OTP)

LIVING IN OTP ATLANTA.
Just got moved January 21st, 2016.  Living in my sister & her husband's condo.  Currently looking for somewhere to live so it won't be so crowded.  My sis is estimated to go into labor in April.  I'm sure she'll have a ton on her plate without having me (and my mom) around.  I tend to be a lot more *in the way* than Mom.  And I talk too much...questions & excessively detailed statements...
Being @ sissy's condo makes Atlanta seem awesoeme.  Me & mumsy checked out a motel like complex that had nothing around it and was a 30-45 minute drive each way.    It had a ton of dinky businesses around.  An actual grocery store would be a big hunkofa walk, not even legal b/c YOU CAN'T WALK ON THE INTERSTATE and there's lots of I-state happening here.  75% of the car trips I've taken since I moved here require driving on the interstate.  I'm not sure what route(s) I would take walking.  NONE (?)??
   Anyway...still looking for apts/houses.  We've found a couple things at/under $600.  I personally like the condo/motel complex.  My mom says it's a very rundown looking area, but I wouldn't expect anything more for the amount of money we've settled on spending.  I'm almost certain my mom is unwilling to sign a lease for a $700 apartment.  I don't drive, so she's taking the lead in the decision making.  I think an apt/condo/trailer/house would have to be wow-level impressive to convince her & I to spend $700/mo on it.  My sis is paying under $800/mo on this place, but the down payment was $25,000, which she got from her boss in exchange for accepting her boss' pleaSSSE DON'T LEAVE!!!  My sis was half a mile away from driving to work at a new place when her boss gave her an offer she couldn't refuse.  $25,000.  WHEW!  ******and*** she got a $3/hr raise.  Ye!  She's the stuff of bumper stickers.  Except I'm w/o a bumper.  This'll have to suffice.
Ate at Krispy Kreme for the 1st time ever.  I don't mind it.  I think it's extremely overrated, but I like donuts, kinda like pizza, hard to screw up w/ it unless you have no business being in business.  I need to keep an eye out for their neon sign.  It's lit up when the donuts R fresh.  Gotta remember to go by and look, mainly.  We're not far, but getting up on it to see is not something me or my mom ordinarily do.
I had a cupcake from a 6pk that my sis & her hubby bought at Publix, another thing SEMO didn't have.  IT'S AWESOME!  My mom said that when she (Mom) visited my sis back in April 2015 that the cake my sis' husband bought her was from Publix and was AWESOME!  Moist cake and WHAAAAAAA-quality creme.  I was hypothesizing based on my weird thought process that combines memories of all different shapes and sizes to come to some rather odd conclusions once in a while that if you put really great frosting on a mediocre cake that the frosting is almost an enemy to the cake and that you either hate both the frosting *and* the cake -- cake b/c it's an enemy & the frosting for chillin' w/ the enemy -- or you grin and bear while you take turns choking on the cake & savoring the frosting.  Unless you just take the frosting off of the cupcake and eat it as is, but then you wouldn't pass as civilized in the company of me mum & me sis.
Anyhoo....uh...lesseee...
My sis' husband had a humongous stash of DVDs that he couldn't use.  He told me I should watch them.  I said "no" to 95% of them.  I finally stopped in MovieStop.  I'd heard of it b/c of Hastings' affiliation w/ them.  It's cool.  It's got the feel of a local comic shop, except it's a chain.  It's a lot cleaner than Hastings.  It's got more natural lighting.  It's cool.  The DVDS that I didn't want  I got $24 in store credit plus TBA.  I had two cartons/containers of DVDs and forgot to take one of them inside.  So there's another $15++ that I'm looking forward to at some point.  I used $15 of it on some stupid membership that gives me a year of Entertainment Weekly magazine & 10% off used movies and 10% extra trade in value.  So I would have had only $21 in trade in value.  The membership bumped it up a little.  I guess you could say I saved $5 in one day.  Sometime soon I expect to save another $2-$6, depending on the trade in value of what's left of my bro-in-law's stash.  I did save a few notable selections for he & she in case they ever once again have a functioning optical disc player that can playback standard DVDs.  The rest of my trade-in value went to END OF DAYS and FROM HELL.  I still had $2.50 or something like that remaining.


No comments: