Thursday, January 14, 2016

Stop Doing Bad Things

My road to salvation seems so tangled and contorted for the small amount of time we have remaining here.  I guess if I do make it to the age of 70 or older, even if I'm starved and homeless, on the run from The Antichrist, my road won't necessarily be finished.  if I stand before the Antichrist and staunchly refuse the mark of Satan, as I understand it, my head will be gone and so will my road.  By that time, I might be fit for Heaven.
I wish I had the willpower & patience to keep away from lust, sloth and gluttony.  Heck, I'm so lazy and impatient, just picking up The Bible gets to be a chore.  Reading The Bible, so far, has not helped.  It is beautiful some of the stories in there.  A lot of it is horrifying.  God says to slaughter every living thing in x and x land and not to show pity.  I know from reading The New Testament that death is not the end.  So far I've yet to see any foreshadowing of this in the Old Testament.  God promises David that a descendant will cause joy for the world or some vague thing like that.
I guess God's message is pretty simple.  You'd have to be a reptile to not at least feel the goodness of God in what He says.  The Israelis are told to love God because they were rescued from Egypt by Him.  I don't want to ask God why he hardened the Pharos heart and how the Pharoh(wtfsp???) could have chosen differently if God was determined to rescue Egypt in such a dramatic way using the Egyptian military against itself.  I do think that's a legitimate question, because I wonder that about everybody, not just the ones from ancient times when mankind was not so far removed from God.  I see and hear the stories of The Bible and I think how can anyone be so dumb not to recognize its truth and goodness?  It sometimes seems hopeless.  Mankind does not deserve Heaven.  I wholeheartedly believe that.  I do not deserve Heaven.  But why do people choose Evil?  I understand it costing something to enter Heaven, i.e.: atonement/repentance, but Hell is not atonement.  It does not fix anything and there is no fixing it.  It seems more logical to cease the existence of people who don't appreciate their current existence and the promise of an even better one.  Maybe God uses that as Plan B and doesn't tell anybody about it b/c then they would get stupid and choose that instead of Heaven.  After all, it is hard work to get to Heaven.  It's not something anybody wants to do.  It'd be so tempting to just give up if the consequences were not so extreme on both ends, and even more ammo for people who are lacking that lust for life, either by birth defect or theft, to choose death before it's time.  I will continue to hope for a more prayerful heart and increase my time in prayer, and maybe I will get good at it and the time I spent doing it and, and if by the end of my Earthly presence, if worst comes to worst, maybe I'll have a chance to ask Him to make me into nothing, instead of an eternally suffering dipstick.  That's MY Plan B.  It's up to Him though.


No comments: