Monday, December 5, 2016

UTF

When Jesus heard this, He was astonished and said to those following Him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith."
Matthew 8:10

"... faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13

Untitled fiction
 Son, you are confined to a small space.  You cannot move; you are unable to walk about or even breath on your own free will.  The seed with which I used to create you was in this exact same situation.  He was freed, like you will soon be, but then became confined to a space not as small as this, but not nearly as big as the ones he was accustomed to after he'd been freed.  I wept as he cursed my name, but all he could hear or cared to hear was the sound of his voice cursing me.
 Father, why would anyone curse you?
 O son.  There is so little you can know at this point in your life.  You will soon forget me.  I will try to find you --- Son; why are you crying?
 Father, I cannot bare what you are telling me.  Say it is not so.
 Son, you know I would not lie to you.
 Father, I love you too much.  Please spare me this pain.
 Son, there are people out there that need you.  This world is obscured by lies and hatred.  If I reach them directly with my own hands, I will die.  We will meet again one day, my child.  Go to sleep.
 Father, please...
 Son, you're making this harder than it has to be.
 I'm sorry, Father.
 I'm sorry, too, son.  These feelings are temporary.  There is indeed happiness outside this confine.  Why are your eyes widening?  Your skin is too pale.  O, my son.  This work I have begun in you is unraveling.  Please let go of my hand...before it's too late.

No comments: