Monday, July 15, 2019

a glorious Sunday --- peace out

I got a good dose of sermonhood yesterday about security in Salvation.  I apologize to anyone I may have discouraged in my agonized whining and griping.
I still have to process all of the content and try to recall as much of it as I can because the guy made a lot of good points in a variety of ways, all of it backed by scripture.  He really put it in to my head in a way that makes sense.  Paul The Apostle wrote some great stuff, but his writings come across as a jumbled mess of words when I try reading them.  My Mom insists that while reading The Bible on my own is a good thing, it's not the best way to fully understand what a lot of it says.  It'd be nice, IMO, if it were, since I'm prone to act as an islander, living in this 2 bedroom apartment alone much of the time, rarely venturing outside except ocasionally to get groceries etc., but God did not intend people to be that way to begin with and he certainly does not intend for people to be that way in this day and age with 7 billion people to pick from in seeking friendship (many of which have internet access).  With this in mind, I think I'm going to be reading more stuff written by English speaking intellectuals from modern times.  Someday I might get into a good quality group of folk who are interested in studying The Bible, but for now, a good quality selection of books by fellow Christians is the closest I'm at in that regard.  I recently downloaded a couple A.W. Tozer books, need to read those.  I got a free DL Moody book a couple days ago.  Haven't started it quite yet.  And I actually already have a couple books, actual books, on my shelf that have just been sitting there.  So I got a fairly decent start and a lot to chew.  I am feeling optimistic about my future, although still cautious as The Bible says I should be, with Satan out on the prowal ready to exploit every unarmored crevice.

No comments: