Tuesday, August 6, 2019

"keep my commandments"/"depart lawbreakers"

Back to this again.  I get the impression that God is doing all he is willing (able?) to do, but I'm not doing all I'm able to do.  "Strike to enter through the narrow gate" supposedly, in its original language, implies an agony involved in doing so.  Maybe I'm not supposed to know that.  I don't know.  Jesus on another account says his ukelele is easy to play and his burden is light or something like that.  Of course, God the father also said the same thing to the Isrealites as they were settling into their Promised land.  So I don't know what to make of any of this.  Today's verse of the day says if you don't keep God's commands you can't know God.  I can see from experience a decrease in spiritual enlightenment as of late with my reckless behavior.  I guess I should probably take a hint.  Overnight healing is a possibility, but I can't count on that.  This is a frustrating process.

No comments: