Monday, November 25, 2019

Ghostbusters 35th anniversary steelbook

Originally a 5 disc set, I only have need for 3 of the discs.  I have the other 2 discs w/ the steelbook offered for sale @ Amazon, seller name being realgobutter

My sister gave it to me for my 36th birthday.  I haven't used it much, just more of an idea type thing, like "Why don't I own this?!", like the kind of thing that just makes perfect sense for me to own, even though an argument can be made to the contrary as well.

My mom gave me some good quality housepants so that my regular pants will hopefully live longer.  They're nice pants, so there's no need to wear them when I have nowhere I'm planning on going, which is most of the time.

My gramma got me a $20 bill and a card.  Was nice because I otherwise would have had no money to give to the church.  Not exactly an act that reeks of my esteem, but I know that's not the point anyway.  The humble will be exalted and the reverse being true as well.  I'm a litttle humble, a lot less so than I'd like.

Anyway.
Got my meager list of Christmas gift recipients checked off almost a month ago.  I still need to package them (basically).  Wasn't a whole lot of thought put into it.  Just needed to set aside the funds to do it.

My mom and my sister are heading out Wednesday to visit my gramma and some of her family -- two sons and a granddaughter from her biological daughter, who is now deceased, r.i.p.  There might be other people there, hard to say.  Obviously, my grandmothers' family is much larger than those 3 people, but they are usually present whereas the rest of her family is a bit futher away.

I kind of feel bad about not going, but I really don't know how much pet sitting would cost.  It seems like it'd be AT LEAST $150.  If I could rely on it being so little, I might just go with, depending on what my sister thinks of her & her husband's finances, but I'm thinking a good round of pet sitting would cost around $200 at least.  My cat would probably be OK with me being gone 4-5 days.  She really doesn't need anyone for anything, although she really likes companionship.  She can survive on a little food put in her bowl each day, roughly 1/2 a cup.  I usually put it in there twice.  My sister's dog is the real question mark.  He's so wishy washy about his business.  He'd probably be OK too, just getting out to go potty 3 or 4 times a day.  I don't know if the house would survive on just 3 outside trips.  Soemone would probably need to leave him outside and be mindful enough of the effects of weather on him, to let him back in when it gets too cold.
Anyway.
hmm...not sure what else there is to talk about.
.
....

No comments: