Monday, April 4, 2022

"What image do you have of yourself?"

 Part of this book about dealing with idolatry has a questionnaire about how to identify idols.  A question about self imagine came up.  I don't know how to succintly answer it so here's me typing up a blogpost about it....

I see myself as young and kind of a rebel, an okay-y guy, sorta, a deconstructing sort, always trying to make sure his i's are crossed, etc., always re-thinking things and double checking...  but often getting his priorities out of sorts.  re-thinking things always, but not always re-thinking the things he should be re-thinking........  Getting lost in the small things.  Disorganized in thought.  

Not sure what else to say about how I see myself.  I don't know what to say about my future self (it was actually two questions in one bullet point).  I've never met him, nor have I heard anything about him.  I imagine my future self will be older.  Hopefully I'll be wiser....

No comments: