Friday, July 22, 2022

Ghostbusters #0

 Dan Aykroyd had (has?) been throwing about this idea of the Ghostbusters back when they were in high school.  I guess if it were just Stantz and Spengler, it'd be **kinda** plausible without being a completely different movie, just a regular comedy without any sfx spectacling... etc...I really got the impression that Stantz and Spengler had no first hand knowledge of ghosts .... I suppose that mayve been just an assumption that could be broken rather painlessly.  They can't put all 3 of the guys in there, because Venkman was obviously a skeptic and genuinely thought that the other guys were full of it.  If it were all 3, what would the story be???  Three guys goofing around?  I guess it's possible Venkman could be in the movie but completely absent from any of the moments of supernatural phenomena.  Like "I swear to you, he was **just** here!" "Suuure...I believe you.  No, I really do..". Idk.  I guess it could work...I have to wonder if Aykroyd has actually written a script that demonstrates this concept as being workable.

No comments: