Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Here ye here ye Ghostbusters!

 https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/ghostbusters-afterlife-reaction-harold-ramis-ghost/amp/


I totally agree with this guy.  It boggles my mind that so many audience members are absolutely positive about Ghostbusters Afterlife.  I don't think either of the recent (er) Ghostbusters movies are really worth the money spent on them.  They're ok.  Movies that are "just ok" have a budget of maybe $5 million.  Not $75++ million.  So much could have been done with all these half baked movies that never even turn a profit.  I was reading about a week ago that Jackson Mississippi really needs its' plumbing overhauled.  But that doesn't really matter to anyone except people living in Jackson Mississippi.  Because people's compassion is replaced by devoting their lives to making top dollar.  Idk.  Maybe I'm wrong on all of this...I certainly don't have any business judging anyone either way on the matter.

I don't think there really is a good way to continue the Ghostbusters franchise.  If there is I'm not qualified to make any suggestions.  One idea is Dan Aykroyds original spec script getting its' day in cinemas.  But that'd have to be done by someone who has some brain activity in his (or her...) head, and an appreciation for aesthetic.  Seriously -- just about every still frame of GHOSTBUSTERS (1984) looks like a richly nuanced and expressive painting.  There was a calander for 2014(?),I think..., that got mass produced and if you look at all the pictures on the back of it you (might?) see my point.  (I see that same brilliance in Steven Spielberg's E.T., just btw.)




No comments: