Thursday, July 10, 2008

arg

PROLOGUE: Technology Is Evil

Ok, what the Hell is an "output"??? an INput, as far as I sorta-might-know, is a hole in an electronics device that a cable goes in to connect two pieces of electronics...is that not the right definition? IF it isn't, then fuck you, 'cause that's what I think it is...if that's not the right definition, tell me the word that fits it or go to Hell, 'k?

CHAPTER 0: VCR gives, VCR takes away...

Ok, well, I hooked up the VCR that my aunt gave me, and it appeared to be working...the only problem was the cord situation, totally messed up, had to re-arrange the electro-furniture...

Basically, the VCR and the TV were/are too damn far apart from another for the cords to connect properly, 'cause the cords are too damn short. I HAVE an entertainment CENTER for a reason so I didn't want to just put the VCR any ol' place...so I tried switching the cords that were with the DVD player, but for some stupid reason the DVD player cords are designed with two RCA-ish-cables + a yellow S-Video cord. My VCR doesn't even HAVE an S-Video jack (is THAT the right word? Or are they both correct to use in this instance?), so the white cord is all that would fit in the VCR, but I thought since the invention of these cords is/was the most retarded thing in the world, maybe the red cord would/could substitute for the yellow cord. Now that I remember doing that, I guess maybe that's why the VCR doesn't work...I woulda just waited, but I don't have any freakin' money to buy another set of cords!!! And whose idea was it to make an S-Video/RCA-cable combination??? S-Video doesn't even perform as well as RCA-cables,...

Well, hopefully time will give it something it doesn't have enough of now to make it work later...or maybe it's just permanently dead...

But I guess it's no big deal. I have a couple VHS tapes, but I don't think too highly of sitting back and watching movies all day when the world is killing its feet trying to bend over for its Money-Gods...movies are a waste of time unless you find one that you REALLY REALLY love, one that gives you high doses of stimulation and satisfaction. Neither of the VHS tapes I have provide that for me...in fact, I've been considering selling my DVD collection for the same reason...but nostalgia's a weird thing, at least to me...sometimes it's there and others, it's like it never happened...I don't know about most people, but my memory doesn't keep feelings/emotions like it does actual things that HAPPEN...

No comments: