Tuesday, September 8, 2009

signed by Steve

wow; if you order LIVE 1973-2007, the upcoming box set by Genesis from former Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett's webshop, he'll sign it himself! How cool is that? It's almost $150 from his webshop, so I know that's not something I'll be getting...

I was drooling over the prospect(s) of owning some hardcover books while at Barnes & Noble a few days ago...I saw LOTR, one or two other J.R.R. Tolkein books, and Stephanie Meyers' (sp?) THE HOST, which is supposedly more mature than her TWILIGHT books, which I don't know how good they are on their own merits, although according to my sister and several of her friends the first film installment of the franchise was like watching a car wreck, the acting was so bad! Sad thing is, I probably wouldn't read any of those books. I'd probably get 20 pages or so, maybe, MAYBE 50, then stop. Depending on what it is, how decipherable the writing-style is, how many impossible words are on each couple pages, I might even stop before page 5 or so...I'm sorta reading Albert Camus' THE STRANGER. It's been a few days since I picked it up. I'm on page 24 right now.

there's several GHOSTBUSTERS merchies that have come out in the last six months...most of it is kinda dumb. They made a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man penny bank, which is an awesome idea, but the bank just doesn't capture the likability that was there in that scene when he first captured the hearts and minds of this culture...

oh, but my library now has some great rock CDs. I picked up Aerosmith's TOYS IN THE ATTIC, another one of many many CDs I used to own more times than I'd like to admit...

peace
~Jonathan

No comments: