Thursday, December 10, 2009

another day of paradise - one big deal!!!

OMFG!!!!!!  I gotta tell the world about - RYT NAW! (Weird Al quote)


Ok...I have been searching like CRRRRRRRRAZY for a good or decent quality portable CD player.  As it turns out, a $20 & under one is almost always not worth it, Best Buy dot com had a Philips one for sale, which was taken out of stock (it was an "outlet" item for like 2 months...) just a few days ago.  So aside from the now-retired option of a $22 (w/ S&H) Philips player, the only logical options were SONY.  And they only have two CD players worth their salt and they are both $30-$50, depending on when/where you get them.

WELL, WELL, WELL!!!  I got a email from SonyStyle (dot com) alerting me of a "holiday coupon" of $50 off "select" items - which was pretty much all their items with the exception of several items that were totally out of my price range, like digital cameras etc.;

You're thinking there was a spending limit, right?  WRONG.  The total out of my pocket cost, with S&H & tax factored in, was $5.21.  I got my relatively Hi-Q portable CD player PLUS a CD by pop-punk band Cartel (their newest one, which wasn't a bad price to begin with - $7.99 + tax), which until their newest one came out were signed to SONY incidentally...of course, they started out on Militia Records, and when they signed to Sony, they (Sony) re-released Cartel's sole Militia Records release, with an altered version of "Save Us" (a piano ballad, which, under Sony's care, was given the all out orchestral treatment, which sounded kinda fake, IMO...).  But anyway;...I GOT IT , I GOT IT, I GOT IT. - PRACTICALLY FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SONY!

~Jonathan

No comments: