Thursday, December 10, 2009

some stuff!!!

I'm using the Opera browser now.  Used Revo Uninstaller to delete Firefox, since it apparently has too much junk attatched with it, although "not as much" as Internet Explorer.  Safari is heralded as the Great One, but I've felt the urge to delete Apple's iTunes program from my computer (which I've RE-installed at least twice...silly me...ahgh!!!) and everytime I've used Revo Uninstaller to do so, I see ALL TONS of junk that the built-in uninstaller would have just left sitting there!  Why should I trust Safari??

That same day I managed to do over something I'd been thinking about with a "oh, if only I could live it over again..." type of self pity;;: about a year or so ago, I found a BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED copy of Genesis' 1981 CD ABACAB that someone took to my/their local CD store - Hastings; see gohastings.com - and b/c it wasn't "direct from the distributor", Hastings aka gohastings.com shoved it into the used CD bins.  I actually didn't notice it was "brand new", just that I wanted it...

Well, it happened again, with the exception that this time it's the 2007 remix, not the original recording...oh, well; that's actually three similar but different opportunities to furkk up; the one I haven't mentioned is - wait for it - ordering 2 brilliant Genesis CDS - Abacab (the original) and an earlier live recording from 1973 - with a gift card my Grandma gave me for Xmas that year or the year that'd just passed...

Hopefully I won't strike out this time...

Oh, but the BEST FIRRRRKKIN' PART IS: Hastings was selling this gemstone of an item for $2.99 + tax.

AND: an item that I got from Hastings earlier this season, like late Oct/early Nov, for $0.97 + tax I sold to a neighboring CD store for $1.50.  And managed to spread the good cheer by buying FROM that neighboring CD store - Pmac Music - a CD priced $5.99 minus $2 by way of online coupon ($3.99) minus, of course, the $1.50 from the CD I sold to them...and that, too, I think, was a CD I got rid of out of haste...pretty sure it was the same exact copy, too (eek!!).  But hey!  It was no more than what Amazon sellers charge when you factor in the s&h, and it was probably less given the $0.50 (apprx) PROFIT I made off of the CD I sold there in exchange for the CD I got...

To make things generally sweeter, I'm 223 pages through a Swedish book (translated to English of course!) called LET ME IN, which was made into a film called LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, which is being remade currently as an American film called LET ME IN and I wrote 3 pages apprx of a script I've been working on for about 10 years now (and counting), a few days ago...(this is NOT the first draft; I no longer have the first draft, actually - it disappeared from a floppy disk I had it stored on...).  Not only did I write these pages, I managed to think a bit more about WHAT I was writing...took longer, but why invest any time at all if you're not doing it right?  Haste?  That's the best reason you got?  Yeah, me too...

And...my mom was in a very good mood, it seemed, and she bought me coffee, and I ate two polish dogs with some money she gave to be "just because" and managed to keep from eating more later...the timing of the polish dogs eating was a bit early, but I had an early breakfast and lunch, so it fit right in.  My mom got a gift for my sister that she sent Priority Mail... and I was happy for her and my sister for that.

oh, and I got a package i was expecting in the mail.  a CD I ordered from Amazon that I'm actually thinking I'll keep since the day I got it was so sweet and...it's not too shabby of a CD, really...


No comments: