Saturday, August 27, 2011

coffee pot rises

got a replacement coffee pot, for $6 at WalMart.  If it breaks down in two months and the one year warranty doesn't pan out, it's still a fairly OK deal...

I'm eating bread again...not like I went that long w/o it...but...I was thinking I would stay away from it...don't think that's gonna work...

so...I ordered Cartel's CHROMA (the original Militia Records version) a few days ago.  It might arrive today, not sure why or if I care...I've owned that album, like, 5(?) times...at least three anyway...I guess I bought it 'cause i was thinking I loved it when I first heard it so it must be worth owning...which may or may not be true depending on what version of the future turns out to be THE future...as well as what ideology one were to go by...I'm starting to think owning albums I seldom listen to is a total waste of time/money...I should re-join eMusic...maybe not...I mean, I already bought most of the albums I like/love; once I do that what does it matter if I own it?  Sure it decreases the value if I don't keep it, but why does it even matter?  If CDs are truly on their way out, then MP3 downloads, which can't be legally redistributed, should take care of that issue, if it really is one.  Of course, it really comes down to the fact that people don't have enough money to have everything they want.  People can't accept that so they take instead of buy.  I'd say "FBI - fire away!" but I think the root of the problem is so widespread, it would be like Vietnam - a war one can't win.  I'm not immune to it, I've downloaded quite a bit in my time, although I got caught and was given a warning, so I don't do it anymore...it's just a matter of greed and selfishness.  Rich people of course don't have any price to pay for being greedy or selfish, but the middle class and poor have no choice but to either join a convent or commit a crime...or, ya know, try to rise above temptation in a world where everyone else is giving in without even questioning their actions...

No comments: