Friday, August 12, 2011

the return of the miniature DVD player & throwing it all away...

Yeah, um...

I finally have a DVD player - again, for the Nth++(?HU?) time...man, I wish I'd kept that Denon 1940CI DVD etc. player...it was probably more than I needed, but something of that build quality isn't easy to come by...I guess maybe the $50 Sony player would be pretty close...neither are region free, so...I guess what I SHOULD HAVE done is used the $70 or so I got from the 1940CI was buy the Sony DVD player...now I have this cheapppp DVD player that doesn't even playback the first half second of most songs (it plays DVDS just fine so far...).

Today is the 12th day of ownership if you count Aug 1, the purchase date.

Sorry I've been silent all these years...thank you Tori Amos...

Spent 5 hours out and about total, plus 3 hours in between waiting for Mom to get out of the torture chamber...SHE'S been out for 8 hours today.  I stayed home while she was at Dr. Phibb's laboratory b/c misery may prefer company but mercy says no...(?)

Anyway; listening to Katy Perry's TEENAGE DREAM.  It's got good melody and sweet sounds, the lyrics are kinda retarded...so far the only weak song is "Peacock", which seems more of a novelty, rather tongue and cheek.

I rented YOUR HIGHNESS this morning.  I heard about it on what apparently was a rerun of ES.TV (not sure what that stands for...they interview celebrities about their current movies etc.).  They showed clips of it on ES.TV, looked pretty funny.  I should be shot for wasting money on it, I STILL haven't looked at the average verdict per the Amazon shoppers, hopefully I'll remember to do that when I finish this rambling...

Not sure what else was missed in the last however the heKK long it's been since I looked at this site...I hope to update more frequently....

OH!  I have 12 CDs!  And I don't actually own all the CDs I've bought...I had like 15 or so, would have more if I hadn't sold any of 'em, maybe 20...usually I think "GET THIS SH!T AWAY FROM ME!!!" and end up leaving myself with zilch, but this time I thought "why????".

I bought 6 DVDs at Big Lots the day I got a DVD player, returned two of 'em and tried to sell two of them, failed at one of those, so I still have that one, so I still have three out of four of the ones I paid for for good.

And keeping in step with my lifestyle, my DVD collection isn't as vast as my CD collection, since I don't watch movies very often.  I also have like 5 books, one of them I started reading quite some time ago and haven't resumed at all since I bought it...I don't like to ruin dust jackets, so I'm afraid to touch it...I keep thinking I should buy it in softcover and then donate that or sell it somewhere, but lately I'm just not interested in doing that...I snagged SHUTTER ISLAND by Dennis Lehane from my mom who received it from her friend.  I kinda look forward to seeing how much better it is than MYSTIC RIVER, which although entertaining was monumentally depressing, to the point it was almost laughable.  He makes EVERYTHING look grim and bleak.  That's not life.

Right now I'm writing this blog post, listening to TEENAGE DREAM and I NEED to watch YOUR HIGHNESS and would LIKE to read SHUTTER ISLAND.  Can't do all four!!!

No comments: