Wednesday, May 16, 2012

navigating the future

January ?, 2013

chromebook arrives in mail
TV arrives in mail

Unpack/set-up chromebook
go to Rdio for playlists etc... - no need to save them to hard disk, maybe buy some of the songs I hear from Amazon's MP3 store.
Listen to music until ???
check email sporadically

Come evening:
watch GHOSTBUSTERS or whatever I want to watch via my TV/BD player

DAY TWO

repeat.

ACCESSORIES (maybe) NEEDED:
headphones

um....I guess that's it.

The only difference between this and yesterday is I won't have a bunch of pretentious b.s. CDs & "superior" sound quality...

My receiver turned off in the midst of playback earlier today.  It's not worth the trouble.  The sound being better is nice, but the device is almost useless.  I hardly ever use it for anything - I mean, I use it, but I have no reason to.  My life has not been "enriched" with it.  As long as the TV I get has a headphone jack, I will be AOK.  I can get a fairly good-quality TV @ Tiger Direct for $140 total, although come January 2013, that price will probably increase to close(r) to $200...

~JWC

No comments: