Friday, September 20, 2013

Nothing compares 2 It

Listening to "Hold On Loosely" by .38 Special; that and "Caught Up In You" are like two of the best songs ever written.  I'm not big on 89% of THE BEST OF .38 SPECIAL, of course I do also like "Second Chance"...trying to summon a compilation of knockout songs akin to those, but I can't think of anything.  Most of the songs that were coming to mind were also seminal songs of their era that are still on radio, but they didn't have the effect that those do.  For awhile I was wondering why you never heard "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey on the radio, like back in the late '90's I think...I think there was a scene in BIG DADDY (1999) where Adam Sandler's character was playing it to his girlfriend-hopeful.  Maybe I'm getting the songs confused.  Idk...anyway.  Then a couple years or less later, radio started playing it more regularly and now I'm sick of it.  Just doesn't stimulate my brain the way it did.  I remember I had similar feelings toward Bryan Adams' "Heaven".  That song just seems so boring to me nowadays.  I just got done listening to it while typing "all" of this and it had no impact whatsoever.  And it's been like a loong time since I even heard it on the radio.  I hadn't sought it out for a year?  or longer?  Now "Second Chance" is playing, great song as I expected and it's been almost as long since I've heard that one.  Not as good as "Caught Up In You" and "Hold On Loosely"...

No comments: