Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Under The Silver Of Machines...

Been listening to anthemic emo by way of Last Winter.  Their 2nd CD doesn't have the palpable romantic pop-rockers, but it's like WAY better.  It's just amazing.  Listening to Weird Al's GREATEST HITS (1989).  Not really digging it, I just remember thinking about it on the walk back from Kidd's which I went to get a cappuccino.  I guess there's some artists that I like to think about, 'cause I imagine talking about them to someone as if anyone cared, and I always amaze myself how deeply immersed I am in some bands' history.  I'm almost a scholar on Genesis.  I probably know Aerosmith's discography and biography better than I ought to, given how little I listen to them, although I used to listen to them constantly as a tween.
Ok, so I ended playback.  Now I'm listening to SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET: THE BEST OF OINGO BOINGO (1989 as well).  I subscribed to Rhapsody 8/30.  Nice to be able to LEGALLY listen to pretty much whatever I want to listen to.  Grooveshark isn't illegal, but the music industry sure wishes it were.  Rhapsody now has a $4.99 plan.  I was wondering how they were able to compete with Rdio and MOG.  Of course, Spotify is $9.99, or was last time I was subscribed, but they're like a Facebook thing, so people who love Facebook can have it.  Plus, it's noteworthy for being kickstarted in part by Peter Gabriel (wooooah...woooah...)
Anyway.
I'm being very slothy.  I have not exercised regularly aside from leisurely paced walking in the past two weeks.  I did 15 squats today and two or three hand release pushups.  I need to sit the fruuk up!
My CPRC worker (or is it CRPC?  !!!) had to interview me for pt 1 of 2 of my annual assessment where everyone gets down to figure out why I'm in the CPRC?? program and where I'm going to be in the program.  It's really not essential.  I should probably say to heck w/ it and just let myself be discharged, but I have a real hard time making friends.  I can socialize with a variety of people, but I don't connect with people easily.  I know Ashley isn't a friend, but she's someone who comes by and talks with me every once or twice a week.  It's one small step above ground, but still...
My official goal I guess is weight loss.  I'm gonna aim for 5 lbs and see how that goes.  Idk.  I might be optimistic and change it to 10.  I doubt I'll achieve 10 lbs...not at this rate and then in winter I'm likely to gain weight...rrrg...
I'm already out of $.  I have $5 left.  Until Oct 1.  Yeesh.  I got a CD coming in the mail though.  Yay.  Oh, I also got $18 worth of Amazon gift cards pending receipt.  One of them is in limbo ("processing") [$8] and two more [$5 each] are awaiting approval, should have them in a few days...and then I got $20 in rewards from a survey site called Valued Opinions.  I am $2.25 shy of what I need to redeem my reward dollars, and if it weren't for the whole "pending" situation, they'd be here - and gone already, probably.  They say it could take 6 weeks to end pend'n.  It's only been less than two weeks and I'm already feelin' like a cigarette withdrawy...eeh!  But anyway; once all this gets added up, that comes to $38.  WOWWOWOW...not so fast...

No comments: