Wednesday, September 18, 2013

To Wish For Impossible Things

I wish I could shop at the mall and not feel like I just wasted everything I have and everything I am buying junk...

I wish I could just be happy with:

1. INVISIBLE TOUCH
2. OINGO BOINGO SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET: THE BEST OF
3. GHOSTBUSTERS & GHOSTBUSTERS II COLLECTOR'S EDITION (VHS)
1a I wish I could plaster the cover-art for INVISIBLE TOUCH onto my wall.
1b I wish the slightest lift of a finger didn't cost $50
2a I wish I could put to words why I LOVE the cover-art for SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET
2b 2a is a stupid wish, but if I could own a t-shirt with the design on it, maybe I could gather my own cult following of like-minded people...uh...
3a.I wish I could own a worthwhile copy of GHOSTBUSTERS  & its' sequel in widescreen, but since cover-art for movies has taken a steep dive into mediocrity, I would need a VCR and to forgo widescreen (Ghostbusters IS available in widescreen on VHS, but the cover-art is extremely disrespectful to all the things that made Ghostbusters such a great movie, same as the 1999 DVD, which is also the only DVD copy worth owning on DVD since the only other edition was severely tampered with for some weird reason...), and VCRs are practically extinct, save for ones that break down within 6 months or cost $200 to obtain......

I wish a hot woman wearing a GHOSTBUSTERS t-shirt would lay back on her car and say "Do you want this body?"

I wish I understood better where I stand in the world.  I used to think "who doesn't have a car?", now I feel like it's ridiculous how many DO have cars, knowing that I'm not the only one living in poverty...

I wish I loved God.  I wish I knew that just believing could keep me from going to - and staying in - Hell.


No comments: