Sunday, August 25, 2013

another boring day on R.I.T.

(don't ask what the R.I.T. is...this blog-post title is a spoof of a movie called JUST ANOTHER GIRL ON THE R.I.T., which I have not seen.....)

Hmm...I walked to the library.  I took a shower a couple hours beforehand.  Now I'm online, after a 3hr (woohoo!) break.  It's cloudy like all rain + maybe storms outside...ugh...

Started out pretty OK.  Woke up too friggin' early, but I ate breakfast at 5am, lunch at 11:30, with some imitation cheese slices around 9am.  Mom brought home some hot dogs and cake and cookies.  Yum.  Ain't feelin' very yum.  Surprise, surprise.  I'm not an addict!   ...Morning was nice.  Played ball with my mom's dogs, while she sat with her ciggys and conversed w/ me a bit.  We had coffee.  I listened to Genesis LIVE/THE WAY WE WALK VOL. II: THE LONGS on her stereo while she was at church and my computer was scanning for viruses (none detected despite two day lull - [yay])

I watched 25 mins of a movie called BEGINNERS with Ewen McGreggor and Christopher Plummer.  It was OK.  I laughed a bit a few times.  I could tell by the 26th minute into the film that it was just going on without any sense of purpose, starting to get bogged down in tedium, details rehashed just in case any portion(s) of the audience is too stupid to figure out what's going on......

I returned that.  I still need to watch LES MISERABLE (the new one).  It's due tomorrow.  I checked out ORANGES AND SUNSHINE w/ Emily Watson.  I was going to check out KING OF DEVIL'S ISLAND and THE JOY LUCK CLUB for the 3rd and 4th time respectively, but I figured I've have a hard enough time getting O&S watched not to mention L.M...
I also was going to check out Neil Gaiman's NEVERWHERE.  It would be the 3rd time at least that I tried reading that book.  It's not boring, it just feels kinda limp...idk...

Still hopeful to finish Elliot Perlaman's SEVEN TYPES OF AMBIGUITY despite, um, like, 2? weeks of not having touched it.  It's not insanely uncommon that I get 50-100 pages through a book, if it's even halfway decent.  But 300 out of 600?  That's something.
I probably should read The Holy Bible more though.  A church sign once stated SATAN NEVER FEARS A DUSTY BIBLE.  Well, my copy of The Holy Bible would probably be dusty regardless of how often I read it (I don't dust), but, still....


No comments: