Thursday, August 22, 2013

stuff and more...stuff...

Did 75 squats yesterday.  That beats my best by 20 at least, I think...eh...I think I might have done CLOSE to 60 at one point in time...don't feel like looking through my notebook...
my old-best-ist cat Napoleon laid on my notebook last night and now there's what appear to be blood stains.
them fleas are eating my cats alive aaaahh!
One of my cats is consistently warm in the face/head.  Me and my mom are trying to give him kid's benadrill, but between me not being upstairs 24hrs a day and my mom being almost immobile, it is rather difficult.  The cat doesn't take it without a fight.  And my lack of I/hand coordination is almost epic.

I'm getting a $20 Amazon gift card from Valued Opinions, once the pending "rewards" for two surveys I took a couple days ago finally POST.  I also have two Swagbucks rewards - $5 Amazon gift cards - coming within the next week, and MyPoints supposedly mailed me a $10 Barnes & Noble gift card a few days ago, and using ABC Gift Cards' service, I can sell the B&N GC and get an $8.19 Amazon gift card, so once I tally it all up, I'll have plenty of ability to do some serious small time shopping.  That's $38.19   !!!!  If I bought a bunch of old used CDs from the Amazon Marketplace, that could be 8 CDs - !!
  Or I could spend it all at once and have a blu ray player...which would be useless to me as I do not have an HDTV...I already got all stupid and jumped down a seller's throat for saying a used 2 CD set was "obviously" never played - I took that to mean that the seller assumed a perfect LOOKING CD was an obvious sign of un-use, which some people probably think is true...like people who throw their CDs into the CD player and then slam them into the jewel case and then play Frisbe with 'em during sunset.  The seller them replied - rather politely - that the CDs were accumulated from some crazy rich dude who bought CDs and never used them except to make pizza boxes or something...idk...I have a copy of their email as a reminder not to break my promise, which I know I shouldn't have made, but, even if I don't like The Doors, you gotta hand it to them for being so wildly popular; it's not easy to become a 60 year old cult hero with no signs of slowing down.  And Rhino supposedly outdid all previous attempts to make a "best of" collection of The Doors by the CD - it's titled LEGACY: THE ABSOLUTE BEST OF THE DOORS.  It's $11.94 from that seller once S&H is factored in.  I personally don't like The Doors well enough to say how much of an improvement LEGACY is over the other Best Of Doors, The CDs out there, I haven't even gotten past track 6, if I ever got that far even...
speaking of wildly famous, The Kinks are better than The Beatles.  The Beatles got all kinds of rabid wonder from people for sounding middle-eastern/exotic on "Norweigion Wood" (sp?), but "See My Friends" from KINDA KINKS (their second album from 1965) pre-dated "Norwegion Wood" (sp?) by at least a year.  And The Beach Boys' PET SOUNDS was a huge inspiration to The Beatles when recroding SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HARTS CLUB BAND, which IS NOT a concept album and does not have any TRAITS OF a concept album and to SAY that IT IS a concept album is to relish in evil.  If you don't know what you're talking about, SHUT UP!  If you do know what you're talking, then quit saying SGT. PEPPERS' is a concept album.  Either that or find some proof that it is.  I surely can't find any.  Unless you wanna create your own definition of concept album out of thin air...or maybe I should say "thick and smelly" air?

BTW, I acknowledge that some of the things I said in my last post were probably inspired by paranoia rather than the truth.  My feelings are what they are though.  They were what they were and the past is what it is.  (sorry)

No comments: