Sunday, January 5, 2014

So this is christmas...

My New Discretionary spending fund is $181.  This total includes food that my food stamps don't pay for and toiletries that me and my mother don't share.

So:
I bought a TV on 12/31, got my SSI check early b/c New Year's Day is considered a Federal Holiday.
it's 22", generic (Seiki) brand, 
$75!!!!!
oh, yeah, and some change, who cares?  I knew TVs were going down in price, but freapin' mohasis!!!
Of course, I Guess it was a holiday season doorbuster or whatever it's called...the price went up to $150 the day after (1/1)

It's coming monday, UPS (I'll be staying awake frantically 'til 7 or 8pm, probably; UPS takes dang near all 24 hours from the time it's "out for delivery" to the time it's actually delivered...)

I also ordered a soundbar.  It's only 5 watts (2.5 watts per channel); I hope i don't blow it out, I have some oldold-old CDs that on my current arcaic TV I have turn the volume up to almost double that of a new-ish-er CD.

So I've got a few dollars left; I need to buy food, but it's supposed to be freakishly cold tomorrow and snowing.  No telling when the roads will be serviceable...
I have some Freester checks expected sometime soon-ish-y; one has been mailed as of 1/2, the other is still processing...my mom wants to get a pizza hut pizza during their 1/2 off promotion; hopefully I'll be able to chip in like I should - my sis is the one who masterminded the budget, and came to the conclusion that me and my mother's money should stay as far apart as possible; she said if either one of us runs out of money and needs something to call her and ask her for help.

February will be less strenuous, but Windows XP - my operating system running 7 years! - will be excommunicated by Microsoft come April and so I need to get a tablet or something to listen to music that I don't own on CD with -- i.e.: Rdio or MOG etc...I'm hoping this Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 will be aquireable by then...if I put part of Feb, Mar and Apr's $ toward it, I shouldn't have any problems...that's $60 a month I think, although Amazon has it for $140 as of now, if you're willing to order it and wait for it come in stock...
$48/mo would be awesome!  I think I'll send that to my sis next month if she'll agree to put it toward the tablet when enough $ accumulates...




No comments: