Saturday, January 17, 2015

Doesn't Anything Stay Together Anymore?


THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS Milton Bradley board game -- I never was into board games.  If I'd had this in my home, who knows how I'd feel about Monopoly today?  Indifference is indeed how I feel toward 99.9% of board games.  This one here?  It's the other 00.1%.  Just the description is cool.  It comes with a SKULL!  I think it's like a die of some kind (no pun intended I swear!).  Or, ya know, something akin to the horsehead statue thingy in Chess.  Idk...but anyway...
There's so much that is involved with the game, pieces etc.  And kids - as well as their parents((rrrrg!!)) - are often careless with small parts/pieces, or anything delicate for that matter.  Breaking things is what young'uns do best.
So...yeah.  Amazon's prices for RGB toys is not the best, mainly b/c so few people list their RGB toys on Amazon.  eBay is always assumed the best place to get that stuff.  It is.  Except I didn't pay my eBay seller account fees and now they won't let me back, even to buy stuff.  I created another eBay account, they found me and shot me down.  So I created another one, and, being the wreckless shopper that I am, constantly wanting stuff, and subsequently feeling guilty for being such a materialistic shitehead, and then going through the motions of some dude having a midlife crisis (seriously, TODAY, I'm only 31...wth??), culminating in an order cancellation request, which usually goes over OK, depending on the desperation level of the seller at any given hand, but sometimes not so great....Anyway; since eBay was gonna find me anyway, I neglected being careful in choosing which items to bid/buy and so now I have like 12 Non-paying bidder strikes with all my eBay accounts combined.  I eventually quit 'cause it just wasn't worth the trouble.  I mean, anything I can't find on Amazon is obviously not a need.  I realize this now more than ever, being a disciple of Jesus Of Nazareth, The Christ (aka Christian...).
But as I was saying; I might be misremembering, but this item, complete and un-head-bashed-in, is not cheap, even on eBay.  I found this game on eBay several times, never was I confident that I could win it.  Sure, maybe I could win a filthy molded half the pieces missing box not included auction of this title, but a complete and VG+ condition copy just wasn't going to happen.  And this was before I started donating anything to God or trying to save up for emergencies.  Of course, I always tried to have at least two packages arriving in any given week.  An empty mail box is a sad thing.  Not as sad as a full mailbox with nothing of any value tho.  Well, maybe...
Anyway; brand new this game is $150 on Amazon.  If you think that's absolutely unreasonable, then quit losing the pieces of your board games and quit letting your kids and your neighbors and your neighbors kids get away with it!  It's the scarcity with which such purity exists that causes these items to be so damn expensive.  Yeah, of course I'm not paying that.  If I never own it ever in my lifetime, I will survive sevenfold.  But if I had triple my current income, without inflation tripling I would, without a doubt, after getting my walls and floors waterproofed and the electricity in this house up to modernity, go str8 to buying this.  Why? 'cuz I wanna.

No comments: