Monday, January 12, 2015

once...

I ordered TORI AMOS - FADE TO RED: VIDEO COLLECTION.  Filled with good music, most notably "Jackie's Strength", which is a nice pretty song, but is enhanced by the music video.  The rest are OK...
Also ordered the tour edition of Avril Lavigne's breakout CD LET GO, which contains several b-sides including the haunting "Get Over It" and some live recordings.  Also got an mp3 player.  I was going with a 4-star rated Sylvania brand one, but decided to get one with an FM tuner, so went with Coby.  I doubt the warranty is any good, it's only 90 days anyway, so whatever.  We'll see how it holds up over time.  I'm not planning to use it regularly, just when the thunderstorms prevent me from safely using the TV and Blu ray player. 
Listening to OUT OF THE VEIN by Third Eye Blind.  I don't know why, but the copy of BLUE (their 2nd CD) that I originally bought from Hastings (aka goHastings(dotcom)) back when it was a fairly new CD is so freakin' hard to find.  Rdio doesn't have it.  Amazon has a listing for what is supposedly that one, the one that seems more common based on local store inventory is one that has an instrumental version of "Slow Motion" as the closing track of the CD.  I always thought "Darwin" was a much more fitting choice as a closing track.  It ends the CD on a high note, where "Slow Motion" is kind of a dumb song anyway...
I had almost $35 in Amazon gift card funds, so it was a grueling process trying to figure out what of all that is out there to buy.  I think I'm finally done.  If not, whatever.  I can probably get at least almost half of FADE TO RED back from Hastings and LET GO is just a cool novelty item, and it's good to have an official way to listen to all the CD + the oh-so-good b-sides.  I think I'll be keeping that one unless someone wants to pay $15 + S&H for it.  I might list it for the heck of it and see what if anything happens with it.
I don't know when the mp3 player will ship , b/c I pre-ordered GHOSTBUSTERS: THE ULTIMATE VISUAL HISTORY, which doesn't come out until September 22 with it.  Amazon might go ahead and ship them separately, but maybe not.  I guess I can go w/o an mp3 player this summer.  Next summer, it'll surely be here.

I had read like 4 chapters of THE STORY, which is basically cliffnotes of THE BIBLE, the week prior to the one that just ended at midnight Sunday 1/11/15.  This past week, I had only read one chapter.  I finally picked it up a few hours after church let out.  My pastor keeps talking about idolatry.  It's hard for me to distinguish whether or not I'm committing idolatry.  Is enjoying anything that isn't God-based idolatry?  If so, has anyone been to Heaven?

No comments: