Tuesday, May 10, 2016

MM/DD -- still kinda lukewarm

I attended a seminar thing on May 1 at a church I've been regularly attending for about a month now.  It was a very convincing and informative session about having zeal for the Lord God.  I have been making more of an effort, but I still fall into the lull of not praying.  I prayed kind of extensively 5/8 (I would just say "the day before yesterday" except in 3/4 of the United States it's still Monday). 
Anyway....as I was saying, I prayed more than usual then, but I still ran out of things to say to Him after a grand total of maybe half an hour of prayer (that's a generous estimate too...I'm not really convinced it was that much time, but it's possible).  I then proceeded to read where I left off in His word, and then found myself kind of half following along.  I sorta lost track of who is who and what is what.  I'm on the sequel to the book of Kings.  I'm under the impression I missed something.  It keeps talking about King so and so of such and such land, and it keeps mentioning these nations that are not explained, as far as I am aware.  I have the freedom to assume that they are neighboring nations, but somehow I got the impression that at least one of those nations are fragments of Israel.  The nation of Israel was split into two nations as was explained in my small group's study of THE STORY, but I don't know if there was any further division of the land or if I read something that I forgot I'd read or if my eyes were looking at a critical verse or series of versus while my mind was wandering in whichever direction(s)...Anyway; I found myself rather lost in the midst of God's word on...I guess it was Sunday.  And now I should be in bed, I'm sleepy as all get out even though I really don't want to be (!)...and I didn't read a lick of God's word and I prayed very little if at all today...I don't specifically remember praying, although I think I may have thanked Him for a few things.  And Saturday went by in a rather similar fashion -- just wasted...I was rather exctatic about a nice fantasy I had about going to see GHOSTBUSTERS on opening day and then walking into Target as if I was 5 years old again and seeing all the GB toys gracing the shelves with their twinkling presence.  And then of course topping it off Chick-Fill-A.  Me and my mom were going to go to Chick-fill-A today in fact, but we had some trouble finding it.  So we went to an Italian dine-in restaurant instead and spent almost all my money and some of my Mom's (it was my idea mainly, so I shouldn't have even asked her to pay for any of it, but I did...drats!  The day after mother's day too!)
I've been eating homemade pumpkin bread that my mom made over the last few days.  It's loaded with fiber as it's made with whole grain flour (1 cup of it per loaf), and so I've had a more healthy amount of BM than I had been, but I the downside to that is I really need to take a shower...if I weren't sleepy as heck, I would still be trying to think my way out of it since I just don't like the ordeal of taking my clothes off, getting in the shower, and then getting dried off etc and then getting dressed.  The whole process takes like half an hour and it seems bigger to me than it apparently does to most people...like a giant leap forward for myself and a step back for man kind...ugh...
Ok...
g'night

No comments: