Friday, March 10, 2017

reading my WalMart credit card bill; one of life's guilty pleasures...

Hmmmm.......
I spent $94 apprx on my WalMart credit card between 2/4 and 3/3
I paid $74 of that, which means I'm behind by $20 + $12 interest.

I do need to cut down my WalMart CC spending.  So far...I don't think I've placed any new orders since 3/3.  I can't be sure b/c 1) my "recent orders" says there are no recent orders and 2) they are sorry at the moment, and I should try accessing my "order history" (non-recent orders) "later"...so F1 is openly stupid and F2 acts like it knows what it speaks of, which is nothing...should I really trust F2??  Let's just say I'm not going to be supplying F2 with weaponry...

If I can keep from ordering ANYthing this billing period, I can accrue probably the same amount of interest, no more than, and then my minimum payment of $25 will do me about $12 worth of good...........,
,,My Fingerhut monthly payment right now is $60 b/c i owe them a shitone of money...the interest for that one is $25 give or take...which would be cool if I hadn't nullified my WalMart monthly payment by almost $10...
Uh, let's see...I dind't spend anything @ Overstock.com (my other CC)  in February, so I guess as far as THAT PARTICULAR billing period goes, I was $12 ahead there, $8 behind on WalMart, and $35 ahead on Fingerhut...$40?;  out of $110...eh...could use some improvement but it's only gonna get so good with a mandatory interest charge total of $45....(rough estimate)
I guess I havent done too terribly bad; overall, my credit spending amounted to $35?  I could have cut that down a little...ideally, it'd be $0, but the closest ideal to that would be $10 or $15...$20 wouldn't be too bad, but at this point in time I have no hope for wanting anything.  I was all amped about the upcoming debut full length by this band named Can't Swim, who released an EP in 2016 titled DEATH DESERVES A NAME.  It's an OK CD, I'm not impressed with it.  There's so many of these mediocre emo bands with glossy production and mediocre songwriting skills.  Makes great background noise and if you're listening to it b/c you think the singer needs a pity party, then whatever....some people probably face the issues that these nu-emo singers are singing about.  They sound genuine, but they don't stand out.  I think the biggest issue I have with it all is they sound more angry and tormented than anything.  They sound like war cries rather than the kinds of sad lamentations that got me hooked onto emo in the first place.  I don't have any philosophy to justify the time I spend on sad gut wrenching songs to people who think sadness is enemy #2 tied in with regret and fear, with anger/hatred trumping those.  Happiness is something I usually feel after I've spent a good chunk of time utilizing a resource successfully.  But as I said, I like sad gut wrenching songs, so if I'm "successfully" listening to Pandora, is that really happiness?  So yeah...I guess my love of egg nogg can be dismissed fairly easily by all you egg nogg haters now...
anyway...was also thinking of pre-ordering a CD by a band called Have Mercy.  Not getting caught up in that again.  HMs' other two CDs are so-so, I guess...I don't like the singer's voice all much, and the music on them is a hybrid of dirge and swagger...I'd heard a couple single-song releases on Spotify 2 or 3 days ago, and was like "Oh, did these guys remove everything bad about their music?!"...then I went back and I was like "eh...".  I guess I was just in the mood for those songs then...whatever they were...I think one of them was called "Collider", can't remember what the other one was...uhk

was thinking about adding a bunch of movies I'd started watchin a year or two ago...I had
12 YEARS A SLAVE
SPOTLIGHT
VACATION (2015)
TRAINWRECK
and something else, I think....in my shopping cart, was like "oooh", but then I slowly came to a firm grasp on the fact that I simply did not like the way SPOTLIGHT was told.  It's little more than a dramatized documentary.  If the story that inspired it were not so compelling the movie would have sucked b/c there's no flair to the storytelling.  It just shows the reporters interviewing a bunch of people and collecting data.  If newspapers had "special features" like DVDs do, the contents of SPOTLIGHT would have been just that.
 It is cool to receive stuff in the mail...the stuff I receive is almost always easily disposable....

No comments: