Monday, March 13, 2017

an (more or less) ideal budget...

$040 credit card debt (fingerhut + OS)
$025 cat
$005 RX
$100 God
$025 rent/??? (?)
$030 Spotify and Starbucks
------
$225 out of $225

My sister would insist this budget is far less than perfect.  Right now it's just maddeningly insane, but it's been that way for almost a year now if not longer.  It'll be at least two years before this budget is something I can implement.  In the meantime, the Kingdom of God will have to do without most of the money I'm called to set aside to Him.  I included a $25 rent increase, which is modest, as is the $5 increase in SSI...if Donald Trump runs for re-election in 2020 and wins, I might not even get that much.  I'm hoping the rent won't go up that much in less than 10 years, but I have no way of knowing.  My sister had relayed a plan to buy a big house to contain me and my mom + herself + my bro-in-law and their son Joseph and x# of children they may concoct in the future.  I don't know how that'll work alongside my sister's intention of sending Joseph to private school.  I do hope my sister can do the homeschool route, that does seem like it would be a lot less expensive, although someone would have to have the time and energy to make sure he is learning what he should be learning each week...anyway...guess my point starting out with -- not sure if it was obvious to start with -- was that in 6 or 7 years I might not be living at this address anymore.  If my rent does exceed $650 divided by 2 before Trump is replaced by whatever Democrat the people use to usher in "change" (rolls eyes), I might have to cut my Spotify/Starbucks bill and/or my tithing.  $100 is actually more than 1/10th, which means I could, if my income stays where it is currently, cut that by $15.  But even then, my rent could, potentially, go up by more than that in 8 years.  Of course, by then, my credit card debt should be *NO MORE THAN* $25/mo total...which means I could afford a $100 increase in rent if I used $40 - $25 ($15) and cut Spotify from the budget and only spent $10 on Starbucks (I'm not sure what the point in setting aside so little for Starbucks is...the only reason I go is to have something to do out with my mom, and there's been times we went there and she was behaving in a rather unpleasant manner...since she won't tell me what's on her mind 99% of the time, and she's the one with the driver's license, I get to Starbucks and if I don't buy anything, she wonders why, and then gets super p***ed, so it's $5 wasted or a whole day nightmare...between that and the times I feel unable to focus and figure out which of the menu items I want, and then the times I order what I want but the barista doesn't know how to make what I asked them to, the odds of enjoying Starbucks more than twice a year start dwindling further and further down the less I spend there.....)
Anyway...whatever happens, I'm sure we can figure something out.  As I illustrated in 3+ different ways, the budget I have here is a sketch, not a stone etching.






No comments: