Wednesday, October 25, 2017

How soon is now?

I finally figured out what "now these three remain" (Corinthians 13:13) means.
I was so confused,  I was like "remain?"  I'm not even sure how to express why I thought that was confusing.  I somehow got the sense that he was excluding something(s) from that list of "these three" that remain.  How I got that sense I have no idea.
But someone answered this, someone on Quora
NOW it makes sense!  The confusion seems stupid now that its been cleared up.  I was trying to think "How did I not notice that?"  I think I was confused by Paul's inclusion of the word "Now".  "Now" means "the present time", which is NOT what Paul was referring to, so I don't know what the deal with that is.  I guess that's just how some people talk.  Whatever.  Ig.

No comments: