Thursday, October 12, 2017

new shoes

I got some new shoes @ WalMart.com with my WalMart credit card.
Other than that spending, I haven't used my WalMart credit card this month (so far so good...[!!...])
The cool thing is, thanks to my sister's mad budgeting skills and my lack of ability to argue with them, I had at least $30 saved up from Sept & this month to spend on clothing.  I do think that's a bit excessive, but I figured I would take that money and put it to good use instead of continually pressuring my sister about it for the next 3 or 4 months......I'm sure by the 6th month everything will reveal itself.
So I managed to pay off the cost of the shoes and a pack of socks.
I had forgotten that I was already ahead on my WalMart credit card before I even submitted my minimum payment.  It was only $9, so I was like "yeah...uh...'ahead'...that's one way of saying it", and for the last couple of days I've been more concerned about making sure my deposits to my bank acct don't negatively overlap with my withdrawals, since I generally don't have access to my bank acct transaction history as it happens, since it's nestled under my mom's bank acct, since my psychiatrist doesn't think I should have unfettered access to my bank acct...actually, the psychiatrist I see since living in Metro-Atlanta has never mentioned it nor have I to her.  So I really don't know what her professional opinion on the matter is.
Anyway...I have $38 in available credit on my WalMart.com credit card.  That's still out of this world when considering the $700 credit limit I was initially given and the $150 that was added to it a few months back.  That $38 will be cut by almost half when my statement gets generated sometime early in the month of November, but that's still $20 or more in available credit and when I pay my minimum payment in November, that credit availability will go up to $46 or so, and then of course by the end of December, I'll have $50.  Still have a couple years to go before I get even 1/3 of it paid and that's assuming nothing comes up.  If I end up TV-less, I can probably make do with this desktop computer for at least a while...I'll probably use my credit line to buy a TV tho, if my current one gives out on me.  It seems to still be going strong.  I only paid $75 for that thing.  It's a 22".  I cancelled my extended warranty about a year before it was set to expire and got a $7 refund.  That extended warranty would have expired by now.  It was a 3 year warranty.  I've had that thing for 3+ years!  My 26" in-house-brand from Best Buy was 4x what I paid for the Seiki TV and might have just barely lasted that long.  If I had paid $75 instead of having paid $300+ for it, I would not have been so flabbergasted by the lack of longevity of that TV.  It's not like it was a really high quality HDTV.  It was 720p, not 1080p and there were very few if any "bells and whistles"...no automatic adjuster based on detection on the presence of light in the room...Not even a fancy frame that the machinery would sit in; not even the PQ was anything to write home about.  The crazy thing is, the price, even at that time (2007-ish) was not *that* much lower than that of a variety of other TVs I could have bought.  So I'm very pleased with the outcome of this purchase.  Nonetheless, the TV won't last forever.  It might outlive me if I don't get a handle on this weight situation of mine before too much longer, but that seems unlikely...Not only is it possible to survive a heart attack, but I'm still only 34.  I got another 3 or 4 years to get a handle on my weight problems and hopefully by then my understanding of Christ and my relationship with Him will have cleared up enough to give way to an increase in the "natural high" that negates the need for "comfort food".....even though I usually just eat regular food, I eat too much of it...and then I also eat junk food sometimes...and too much of that as well (eeeek!!)

No comments: