Tuesday, December 5, 2017

close encounters of the chicken

"Sounds like a gay bar to me."
-- macho man, Paul

I have a weird memory...I swear, I ate two chicken sandwiches...no, seriously, that's not weird at all (it isn't!), but what IS weird, for me anyway, is I don't remember exactly when I ate them.  It's confusing as all get out, b/c I woke up around midnight and then went back to bed before 6am, and then woke back up around 7:30 or so.  I should have eaten around 6:45 if not later, I might've (probably had) been thinking that 5am was close enough to the 12 hour mark between diner and breakfast that nutritionists recommend, per what my mom has seen and/or heard/read...
Anyway.
I'm pretty sure that's what happened.  But then I woke up and I'd forgotten I did that.
So I downed 5 servings of egg nogg, roughly, (I actually lost count by the time I finished), and now I'm already a little under my 2,0000 calories.

I figure I very well may eat 700 more calories today even though I've already had lunch.  I'd been doing great the last 2 or 3 days.  So much so that despite having gone WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over 2k calories one day recently, my average daily intake is 2225 apprx, which is a little high......it could be a lot worse and often was a lot worse for a good while there, not sure exactly how long.  For at least a week there it seemed almost impossible to stay under 2000 calories even just w/o dinner.  It's really difficult to estimate peanut butter and jelly usage tho.  When I measure my p.b., I'm deliberately trying to NOT use a whole serving, unless I feel outright piggish and fix myself 3 sandwiches.  And jelly is even more difficult to gauge.  Especially those jammy jellies, like preserves for instance. 

As for eternal matters, I'm downright serious -- I don't know how much of my 1yr Bible I read last week.  I know I didn't read as consistently as I should have been, but I did read at least 5 entires --- 3 on Sunday and at 2 entries or more later in the week.  I don't know if I read 2 entries on one of the non-Sundays or if I read 2 entries on more than one of the non-Sundays.  It seems like I was still behind by the end of Saturday.

I've been sleeping an awful lot.
I was taking my anti-psychotics 6 out of 7 days of the week, roughly at the same time every day when I did take them.  I still have my alarm set to help me with the time issue.  My sister had some sound words to relay to me about the importance of taking my medication at the same time every day.  So I've been obeying my alarm.  I had an alarm set several months ago, but I kept ignoring it, so I deleted it.
This last week I missed two doses. that might have something to do with the compulsion to sleep more.  I'm sure it's largely due to the colder weather.  A lot of it, come to think of it, might have to do with the sugar intake as of late.  That egg nogg is loaded with the stuff (glurp!).

Hmmm....
alrighty.  I guess that's it, more or less.  la-ter

No comments: