Thursday, November 23, 2017

T-day

My mom and sis made some might fine turkey.  This from a guy who generally does not like turkey.  I still did prefer the ham, but I was indeed impressed with the turkey.
The group was of 5.  Me, my mom, sis, bro-in-low & nephew (18 months old; my sister's teaching him bits of Spanish and chunks of sign language, so he's taking a little longer learning how to talk).  We (excluding my nephew) exchanged thanks for each other.  We spoke thanks to my nephew, but naturally weren't expecting him to return the favor.

These were mine
Mom - A very compassionate person who has always tried to instill that in me as well
Sis - You led me mom to Christ and in turn led me to Christ
BroNlaw - You are a good husband to my sister
Nephew - You have given so much happiness to everyone at this table.

I still wrestle with sin and I still have yet to read The Bible today or pray for forgiveness for all the muck I've been riddled with since I last prayed for forgiveness, which was a few days ago now, I think.  But I was reminded once again, this time with a bit of context, a verse in Kings 1.

1 Kings 10:7; Nevertheless I did not believe the reports, until I came and my eyes had seen it. And behold, the half was not told me. You exceed in wisdom and prosperity the report which I heard.

I once, prior to wrapping my heart and head around the idea of God, stated my thanks as being born in the United States.  There are many countries I could have been born in.  I cannot imagine life on any other country than this.  The snippets of Heaven that are described in The New Testament exceed my grasp of understanding.  A place that is as Holy as God Himself is, I think, cannot be understood by the likes of humans.  Phrases like "streets of gold", in a land as abundant as this, mean absolutely nothing to me.  I can't say I value wisdom more than rubies, as The Bible advises people to do; if anything I value things much smaller than either much more than both, and that is a trap that I've yet to find the stamina needed to avoid falling into.  I don't even so much as "fall".  I just lay down in it.

Anyway; I am thankful for the people in my life and I thank God for placing them with me.

Happy thanksgiving to all who read this.

:)

No comments: