Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Is this Christmas morning?

Blood Bank (Spotify)"Blood Bank" by Third Eye Blind.  The ep it comes from is so-so.  That closing track just about exceeds the jaw dropping power of songs like "The Background" and "God Of Wine" (tracks 12 & 14 from their debut).
Explicit lyrics, fyi :-

Hope y'all had a gr8 Christmas.  My heart goes out to those that didn't and rarely do.
As for me, my Christmas was a fit.  I spent most days alone, trying to muster gratitude for God and all that He's done and all that He is and promises to do and be in years to come --- and not really succeeding, probably 95% of the time.
I try to be social and it mostly backfires.  Snippets of conversation that never are followed up with.  I get bored and rush off, not sure if there's more I could or should do to extend myself.
I was going to visit my Grandmother & co. in Missouri.  I stayed behind to simplify and economize the already expensive trip.  My sister was already prepared to pay a decent chunk of money for 3 days of dog sitting understanding that her husband would be unable to get enough time off work to leave the same time she and my mother were planning on leaving.  That pretense was misguided and he ended up leaving very shortly after they did.  So price of dog sitting suddenly went up.  My sister's husband didn't seem to understand the severity of having his parents dog sit my mom's dogs and nobody was in any frame of mind to try and explain it to him.
I wasn't giddy with excitement about going on a 8+ hour drive in the 1st place.
So,
it was a fitting Christmas.


No comments: