Wednesday, January 23, 2019

I like some things

I had received the impression that "Your Own Special Way" (1976) was Genesis' first song to reach the top 40 in England.  I also got the impression that the U.S. was more liking of Genesis.  Maybe that was more true in their later years, idk.  "I Know What I Like", a song from the bands' days with Peter Gabriel primarily on lead vocals, reached no. 23 in the U.K.  Wikipedia doesn't say how high it charted in the U.S.
Weird.  I just looked up "Your Own Special Way" and was only able to find info about the album it was from.
It does say it was the 1st to reach the Hot 100 in the U.S but says nothing about its reception at home.  If i recall what I had read correctly & was not misinformed, it did a little better in England than in the U.S.  i don't remember where I read that.
 "Follow You Follow Me" performed much better in England than stateside.  But it was indeed the band's first top 40 song in the U.S.  They didn't crack the top 10 until 1983s' "That's All".
And that's today's excerpt from my OCD-esque thoughts.



No comments: